Back again on Aquarella

One of the wasps nests. Not the "flight of the bumble bee"
 but the "voyage of the wasps" when I threw the nest in the sea.
Uffe,my brother in law, takes a well deserved
rest after painting the antifouling
Climbing up and down the ladder umpteen times while Aquarella is in the boatyard.
Don't need gymnastics this week.
I'm back on my boat again after the winter in Sweden. This time my brother in law came with me for a week to help getting Aquarella shipshape.  I was very grateful for this as there is always a lot to do, and as it turned out, especially this time when things started going wrong. Firstly there was a wasp nest in the boom and the passarelle cover, difficult to get at without getting stung. We ended up spraying with insect killer and sealing all openings with plastic bags and tape, not very environmental friendly I'm afraid.
Then the new fridge I bought last year kept an even temperature of 19°C!  That problem resolved itself after I'd turned it on and off in desperation many times. Then the car we had hired displayed a warning stating that the particle filter was full and service was necessary (I chose to ignore it, I had enough to think about) The GPS on both of my devices didn't get a fix so I resorted to the old paper charts and my smart phone with google maps (!)








The day after launching we decided to sail non stop from Kilada to Poros. I had sailed this trip on my own the previous year and it had taken 9 hours. This time however because of the wind and current against us it took 12 hours. But we arrived at my reserved buoy in Poros just before sundown so all went well.




arrived in Poros in time to see the sun go down from Cafe Fresko
Friends Odd and Katinka from Gothenborg on their yacht Ellem.
Read Katinkas very interesting blog here
  http://katinkabloggen.se/2018/06/08/5-8e-juni-spetses-andra-ansikte/ 
Uffe taking the ferry from Poros to Athens
after a busy week helping me with Aquarella
Waving goodbye to my friend, the author Katinka Bille.
I have started rowing the dinghy now, when possible, instead of using the engine, saves petrol and builds up my muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment