Sailing solo




A typical day at sea, sailing and painting.

OK, I know, it took quite some time before I finally published this video. That's because it does take a lot of time to do the editing. I had a lot of footage, a few seconds here, a couple of minutes there, but it was difficult to get it to hang together in one video. So I hope you'll forgive me for putting it all together to give the illusion it was all in one day, it wasn't. Now it looks as though I changed clothes five times in five hours, I didn't. It's all smoke and mirrors.
Nevertheless I hope anyone, especially women, can see by this that : Yes you definitely can sail alone! It's not that difficult, it's no big deal. If you really want to do it then go for it!
I regret never having tried solo-sailing before I was in the situation I am in now. I would have been much more confident and competent had I done so. Actually in hind sight I would venture to say,  from a safety point of view, anyone who spends some time on board should be not only able to do it but also have a good routine in doing so.
I learned the hard way.

11 comments:

  1. Love this video! Love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I see you over there can I have a painting lesson. Much respect and admiration to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back in the blog. Nice video.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a 58 yr women contemplating on beginning a similar journey. thank you thank you. You are an inspiration to me.
    Julile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, keep on keeping on! But more pleine airing please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Du är så tuff Elizabeth! Önskar dej all lycka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful video. I really love to see you keeping on going. You are doing the right thing. Hold on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs Elizabeth, I found your blog through a link posted on facebook. It's very sad, yet so very very beautiful. Wishing you all the love in the world, and on the sea. Sail on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderfully beautiful strong spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Bravo! And the editing is marvelous......you crack me up

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely paintings. Thank you for sharing your video and blog with us. I really enjoy them and am inspired by you taking on this challenge of sailing and learning each day. Hugs and cheers.

    ReplyDelete