A sad day indeed when Aquarella was sold.
It hurts to think that I will never be sailing Aquarella again.
In 2013 when my husband died and I decided to try to sail alone around the Greek islands I was 67 yrs old. Now, after doing just that for ten years I am 77 and its time for new challenges and adventures.
Aquarella has given me so much I had never imagined, amongst other things:
- A lot of self confidence and self esteem.
- The feeling of total freedom, sailing silently towards the horizon.
- The challenge of getting all systems in working order and the feeling of accomplishment when they did work.
- The magic of lying alone under the dark, starlit nights.
- The sheer panic of hanging on in a storm for hours on end but knowing Aquarella would stand for it if I could.
- The feeling of strength, both mentally and physically after hours, days and months of doing things I never imagined I could.
- The unexpected encounters and warm friendships with people I never would have met otherwise.
Thank you for taking care of me Aquarella!
PS Aquarella will be sailing on under a new name:
WAKATOBI of Rotterdam.
PPS. I will still be on the water writing, painting, photographing and filming with a new boat and a new partner. You can keep up with my new blog here: https://solar-at-sea.blogspot.com/